About Bonnie Canal, MBCP
Founder and Managing Partner
From my background in business intelligence, resilience, corporate leadership, and small business ownership, I know companies live or die based on their ability to:
- Define and understand their risks and vulnerabilities.
- Develop leaders and employees focused on those customers
- Empower them with systems and knowledge to create and deliver great employee and customer value
In my work with C-Level executives, government officials, and business owners I have found the very best way to start is defining who the ideal customers and markets are, and how the company’s services will impact them. Those fundamentals drive other changes that need to occur, whether in sales, leadership, or operations.
All meaningful positive change depends on uniting leadership, employees, and systems around creating great value for your ideal customers or team members. Having the experience and skill to forge those components into meaningful results is the unique, profitable value I bring to my clients.
While thinking big and pushing the envelope is my trademark, I keep my solutions simple, executable, and cost-effective because results are what really matter.
My core beliefs about business:
- Growth in a company depends on engaged, versatile leadership that creates a clear employee and customer focused promise.
- Companies need to be great places to work in order to grow. Leadership has to make innovation and professional growth strategic priorities.
- Small teams are much more effective than large, bureaucratic ones.
- You’ve got to know your risks and vulnerabilities, and not spend time on the things that are time wasters.
- Leadership has to focus the company on just a few critical things at a time rather than a multitude of initiatives.
- CEO’s, CFO’s, and CIO’s need to be united and coordinated in their resilience efforts.
- Profits are wonderful, but a business should improve the lives of the people in their communities.
I have over 12 years of experience in business continuity, disaster recovery and community resilience innovations and strategies and over 30 years in the IT Sector. I am the immediate past National Board Chair for the Association of Continuity Professionals. (ACP) and I have earned the Master of Business Continuity Certification from the DRII.
I am a proud native of New Orleans and has experienced what I call, “The Katrina, Rita, Ike, Gustav, and BP Oil Spill” disasters first hand. I have had to learn how being resilience leaders to increased performance, achieve stronger relationships, and build mental toughness that we all need in today’s ever increasing busy world.