The Resiliency Institute’s Resilience Roundup
Resilient Action Items
Roundup for September 8, 2017
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
LinkedIn.com. t’s inspiring to watch the “Cajun Navy” of fishing and pleasure boats rescuing people in post-Hurricane Harvey Houston, along with the National Guard and other officials.
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
LinkedIn.com. In Texas, a grocery chain is now inspiring memes. One goes like this: “State and federal resources are struggling to get into impacted areas. H.E.B. — outta the way, we’re coming.”
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Items
NPR.Org. David Greene talks with Craig Fugate, who ran FEMA under President Obama and oversaw the agency’s response to Hurricane Sandy, about what the agency can and can’t do for people affected by disasters.
- We need a whole-community response in health and health care.
- Social aspects and stakeholder involvement in integrated flood management: Community-based flood management in Thailand.
- In cities and on ranches, planning is key to protect animals during disasters.
- The inside story of what it took to keep a Texas grocery chain running in the chaos of Hurricane Harvey.
- How to Integrate Security into Core Business Processes.
- Microsoft says every enterprise should have a plan for when cybersecurity fails.
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019