TRI’s Resilience Action Items for
September 13, 2019
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
Greenbiz. In the United States, as summer continues, the heavy spring rains are continuing, and more towns and cities in the Midwest are underwater. These communities are suffering devastating losses from flooding, with roads and dams damaged, over 62 levees breached or overtopped and hundreds of miles of levees damaged along the Missouri River.
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
E&E News. A first-of-its-kind cyberattack on the U.S. grid created blind spots at a grid control center and several small power generation sites in the western United States, according to a document posted yesterday from the North American Electric Reliability Corp.
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
NBC 25. Communities up and down the East Coast are in for a wake-up call as they begin the cleanup from Hurricane Dorian. The Spotlight on America team found the funding they’ll need to complete their recovery could take months or even years to get.
- Color coordinating: How urban green infrastructure can build resilience
- Fighting Water Privatization with ‘Blue Communities’
- The Life-Saving Benefits of Barcelona’s Car-Free ‘Superblocks’
- Report reveals play-by-play of first U.S. grid cyberattack
- 12 Critical Elements To Consider When Mapping Out Q4 Tech Plans
- Fewer than one third of cloud users back up their own application data
- Two years after Hurricane Irma, the Florida Keys are still waiting on funding for recovery
- Giving Thought: Foundations play key role in disaster response
- Better Business Bureau: Vet charities before donating after natural disasters
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
Bonnie is a proud native of New Orleans and has experienced what she calls, “The Katrina, Rita, Ike, Gustav, and BP Oil Spill” disasters first hand. She has had to learn how being resilience leaders to increased performance, achieve stronger relationships, and build mental toughness that we all need in today’s ever increasing busy world.
Latest posts by Bonnie Canal (see all)
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019