TRI’s Resilience Action Items for
October 18, 2019
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
Inside Philanthropy. In the spring of 2018, Hawaii experienced two major natural disasters. Kauai was hit with 50 inches of rain in 24 hours, creating historic flooding and landslides that washed away homes and cars, and blocked a main highway.
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
Business 2 Community. Cyber resilience must not be used to legitimise window-dressing practices around cyber security. Although the theme is gaining momentum, there is a certain amount of confusion around what cyber resilience really means for organisations.
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
This episode discusses the mission of the center and how it initiates an earthquake response protocol designed to give first responders and recovery staff critical information in the hours and days following a major earthquake.
- In Hawaii, Where Climate Change is a Fact of Life, a Community Foundation Gets Proactive.
- Designing the Floating Future
- Rural Women and Girls are key in Building Climate Resilience
- What Cyber Resilience is Not About.
- Five Ways To Secure Your Business During Hurricane Season
- Drop, cover and hold: Practicing earthquake safety and crisis management
- FEMA podcast: “More Than Magnitude: How the National Earthquake Information Center Works.”
- Two Years After Hurricane Harvey, One Group Says It Has Been Overlooked: Renters
- ‘I Have Rights:’ How Undocumented Laborers Are Exploited During Disaster Recovery
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019