The Resiliency Institute’s Resilience Roundup
Resilient Action Items
Roundup for May 4, 2018
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
Washington Post. More than a thousand low-lying tropical islands risk becoming “uninhabitable” by the middle of the century — or possibly sooner — because of rising sea levels, upending the populations of some island nations and endangering key U.S. military assets.
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
CityLab. One of the most persistent myths in America today is that urban areas are innovative and rural areas are not. While it is overwhelmingly clear that innovation and creativity tend to cluster in a small number of cities and metropolitan areas, it’s a big mistake to think that they somehow skip over rural America.
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
Financial Times. It has been a tumultuous process that involved the sale of more than $60bn of assets to cover disaster liabilities, followed by a rebuilding process that has only recently begun to restore a sense of normality to the company. Back in June 2010, it was far from clear that BP, let alone Mr Svanberg, would still …
- The military paid for a study on sea level rise. The results were scary.
- Why Cities Are So Bad at Cybersecurity
- Copenhagen Mastermind Jan Gehl Isn’t Sold on ‘Smart’ Cities.
- The Rise of the Rural Creative Class
- Moving Apps to the Cloud Is Painful; These Steps Can Make It Hurt Less.
- Transforming Modern Retail Business
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
Bonnie is a proud native of New Orleans and has experienced what she calls, “The Katrina, Rita, Ike, Gustav, and BP Oil Spill” disasters first hand. She has had to learn how being resilience leaders to increased performance, achieve stronger relationships, and build mental toughness that we all need in today’s ever increasing busy world.
Latest posts by Bonnie Canal (see all)
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: June 14, 2019 - June 14, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: June 7, 2019 - June 7, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: May 31, 2019 - May 31, 2019