TRI’s Resilience Action Items for
June 14, 2019
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
Governing.com. The ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach have set an audacious goal: reducing their greenhouse gas emissions to zero. On a sun-splashed stretch of asphalt along the Los Angeles waterfront, officials from the busiest port complex in the United States recently offered a glimpse of their hopes for the future…
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
ITPro.com Nearly every modern business is reliant on data and IT infrastructure, meaning that a disaster recovery plan is no longer a nice-to-have but an essential part of running business operations, as much as no one likes to dwell on the prospect of a disaster occurring.
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
NOAA scientists are forecasting this summer’s Gulf of Mexico hypoxic zone or ‘dead zone’ – an area of low to no oxygen that can kill fish and other marine life – to be approximately 7,829 square miles or roughly the size of the land mass of Massachusetts. The annual prediction is based on U.S. Geological Survey river flow and nutrient data.
- Can America’s Biggest Ports Go Green?
- How Ian McHarg Taught Generations to ‘Design With Nature’
- NIMS Implementation Fact Sheet for Non-Governmental Organizations
- Eight tips to improve your disaster recovery strategy
- Hurricane emergency preparedness 101: What businesses can do to bunker down
- Boeing Built Deadly Assumptions Into 737 Max, Blind to a Late Design Change
- Near-record ‘dead zone’ predicted in Gulf of Mexico
- What’s in the Disaster Aid Package for States and Localities?
- PERSPECTIVE: Successful National Preparedness Requires a Radical New Approach
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
Bonnie is a proud native of New Orleans and has experienced what she calls, “The Katrina, Rita, Ike, Gustav, and BP Oil Spill” disasters first hand. She has had to learn how being resilience leaders to increased performance, achieve stronger relationships, and build mental toughness that we all need in today’s ever increasing busy world.
Latest posts by Bonnie Canal (see all)
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: June 14, 2019 - June 14, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: June 7, 2019 - June 7, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: May 31, 2019 - May 31, 2019