TRI’s Special Edition
for June 21, 2019
Climate and Security. For the third time during the current U.S. Administration, climate change was included in the annual 2019 Worldwide Threat Assessment of the US Intelligence Community…
NBC News. he chest-deep water currently surrounding Stormy Deere’s house is expected to remain there until at least July. The home she lives in with her husband is safely elevated on a mound of dirt and brick, but she has had to take a boat to reach it since early March.
NOLA.com. In early July 2014, the Mississippi flooded downtown Davenport, turning its minor league baseball stadium into an island. It happened at a particularly bad time: just before a three-game Independence Day weekend series against upriver rivals from Wisconsin.
Mississippi River Flooding
- The River’s Revenge: The Mississippi remains critical to our prosperity, but hostile to attempts to control it.
- Creating a waterborne interstate for commerce — How Minneapolis desperately wanted to be the commercial bookend to New Orleans.
- Reshaping the Mississippi is unraveling wildlife habitat.
- Dredging, dams and other river controls starve places downriver of much-needed sediment.
- Hell Is High Water
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
Bonnie is a proud native of New Orleans and has experienced what she calls, “The Katrina, Rita, Ike, Gustav, and BP Oil Spill” disasters first hand. She has had to learn how being resilience leaders to increased performance, achieve stronger relationships, and build mental toughness that we all need in today’s ever increasing busy world.
Latest posts by Bonnie Canal (see all)
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019