The Resiliency Institute’s Resilience Roundup
Resilient Action Items
Roundup for February 9, 2018
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
Phys.Org. The study, supported by the Department of Homeland Security and the National Science Foundation (NSF), found that most of the coastal communities do not have an overarching strategy for building urban disaster resilience and lack coordination between multiple urban systems, including land use …
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
The Journal of the NPS Center for Homeland Defense and Security. Containerized cargo is the single largest security vulnerability in maritime shipping. Recent consolidation in the maritime shipping industry, along with freefalling shipping rates and increased vessel sizes, combine to cause concern for the future of containerized shipping security.
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
Detroit Free Press. Kobe’s more recent history suggests a narrative of recovery, even being branded in 2009 as a UNESCO City of Design (it’s a designation that Detroit shared in 2015), but Kobe has never fully recovered economically from the 1995 quake,…
- Handling disasters differently critical for coastal cities.
- Together, we can make Greater Miami a resilient community.
- French Team Wins Mosul Postwar Camp Design Competition.
- Improving Maritime Transportation Security in Response to Industry Consolidation.
- Majority of North American Companies Exhibit Risky Disaster Recovery Behaviors.
- Mandatory Breach Notification is not a silver bullet.
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019