The Resiliency Institute’s Resilience Roundup
Resilient Action Items
Roundup for February 16, 2018
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
Citylab.com. According to a new study, economic despair is not the primary factor driving abuse of opioids. America’s devastating opioid epidemic is one of the biggest problems the country faces.
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
Business.com. A business continuity plan is vital if you want to survive events like natural disasters, fires, cyberattacks or other events that could negatively impact operations. Here is how to create a business continuity plan that will give your organization the best chance of surviving. There is rarely any notice before a …
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
Newsweek. Last Friday, President Donald Trump signed an order giving Puerto Rico $16 billion in disaster recovery aid, $2 billion of which will be used to repair the electric grid under the federal Community Development Block Grant. The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development announced …
- The Real Cause of the Opioid Crisis.
- Trump’s infrastructure plan would leave small cities behind.
- How a Solar Microgrid Is Helping an Indigenous California Tribe Achieve Community Resiliency.
- How to Effectively Craft a Business Continuity Plan
- 60% Of CIOs Predict Spending On Analytics Will Increase This Year.
- Why cloud sync, not backup, worked better for business continuity during the hurricane.
- Puerto Rico Hurricane Recovery Worsened By Nearly One Million Homes Built Illegally.
- Planning for future ‘extreme weather’ is mentioned just once in 2018 budget deal.
- FEMA, in partnership with emergency management profession, released the first video presentation from the inaugural PrepTalks Symposium.
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
Bonnie is a proud native of New Orleans and has experienced what she calls, “The Katrina, Rita, Ike, Gustav, and BP Oil Spill” disasters first hand. She has had to learn how being resilience leaders to increased performance, achieve stronger relationships, and build mental toughness that we all need in today’s ever increasing busy world.
Latest posts by Bonnie Canal (see all)
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup:March 22, 2019 - March 22, 2019
- When Hate Turns to Violence… What Can We Do? - March 18, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup:March 15, 2019 - March 15, 2019