The Resiliency Institute’s Resilience Roundup
Resilient Roundup for August 31, 2018
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
Huffington Post. While other industrialized nations grapple with dangerously problematic plastic consumption, Norway stands out, recycling up to 97 percent of its plastic bottles thanks to a nationwide bottle deposit scheme.
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
The Nation. When the ceramic tile factory where they worked faced closure, these Greek workers voted to reopen and run the factory on their own.
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
Houston Chronical. A year to the day after Hurricane Harvey dumped 27 trillion gallons of water on southeast Texas, swamped 204,000 Harris County homes and apartments and killed more than 50 residents in the region, voters overwhelmingly approved a $2.5 billion flood infrastructure bond designed to protect the area in future storms.
- Norway Has A Radical Approach To Plastic Pollution, And It’s Working.
- America’s Coroners Face Unprecedented Challenges.
- The Democracy Collaborative recently released a carefully researched publication called Community Control of Land and Housing.
- Greek Workers Practice “Radical Self-Management.
- Amid Hurricane Season, 5 Disaster Recovery Tips Nonprofits Should Keep in Mind.
- Post-disaster, business owners find varied paths to recovery.
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
Bonnie is a proud native of New Orleans and has experienced what she calls, “The Katrina, Rita, Ike, Gustav, and BP Oil Spill” disasters first hand. She has had to learn how being resilience leaders to increased performance, achieve stronger relationships, and build mental toughness that we all need in today’s ever increasing busy world.
Latest posts by Bonnie Canal (see all)
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 18, 2019 - October 18, 2019