TRI’s Resilience Action Items for
August 2, 2019
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
The Hill. very day our nation faces some risk whether it be from flooding, earthquakes, wildfires, hurricanes, tornados or other threats. While none of us want to think that the next disaster will happen where we live…
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
NY Times. In the days after the first crash of Boeing’s 737 Max, engineers at the Federal Aviation Administration came to a troubling realization: They didn’t fully understand the automated system that helped send the plane into a nose-dive, killing everyone on board.
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
The Conversation. With natural hazard and climate-related disasters on the rise, online tools such as crowdsourced mapping and social media can help people understand and respond to a crisis. They enable people to share their location and contribute information.
- FEMA official: Americans need to start saving for a rainy day.
- How federal flood policy is, and isn’t, addressing climate change.
- ‘California Roadmap’ Aims to Develop Community Resiliency.
- The Roots of Boeing’s 737 Max Crisis: A Regulator Relaxes Its Oversight.
- The quiet scheme saving thousands from ransomware.
- Sustainability is a Long-Term Growth Opportunity with Consumers.
- Online tools can help people in disasters, but do they represent everyone?
- Hurricane Barry: Lessons From a Disaster That Wasn’t.
- Planning Considerations: Evacuation and Shelter-in-Place: Guidance for State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Partners.
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019