The Resiliency Institute’s Resilience Roundup
Resilient Action Items
Roundup for April 20, 2018
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
The Guardian. Three years after the death of Freddie Gray, the renowned Johns Hopkins medical school is transforming a vast 88-acre section of Baltimore out of what it calls ‘enlightened self-interest’. Will it work – and is it right?
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
Reuters.com. Small businesses in the United States struggled with uninsured damages and lost revenue following a record-breaking year of hurricanes and wildfires, according to a Federal Reserve survey published on Tuesday.
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
NBC News. From New York to Shanghai, coastal cities around the world are at risk from rising sea levels and unpredictable storm surges. But rather than simply building higher seawalls to hold back floodwaters, many builders and urban planners are turning to floating and amphibious architecture — and finding ways to adapt buildings to this new reality.
- Gentrify or die? Inside a university’s controversial plan for Baltimore.
- Project launches in Caribbean to build climate resilience by using nature to reduce risks.
- San Francisco’s Big Seismic Gamble.
- Uncovered losses hurt U.S. small business in wake of 2017 storms
- Business Continuity Awareness Week 2018.
- Are you ready for another active catastrophe season?
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
Bonnie is a proud native of New Orleans and has experienced what she calls, “The Katrina, Rita, Ike, Gustav, and BP Oil Spill” disasters first hand. She has had to learn how being resilience leaders to increased performance, achieve stronger relationships, and build mental toughness that we all need in today’s ever increasing busy world.
Latest posts by Bonnie Canal (see all)
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019