- State receives $70.4 million for post-Rim Fire resilience, The Turlock Journal, With this funding, California plans to pilot its Community and Watershed Resilience Program in Tuolumne County. “The National Disaster Resilience …
- HUD’s National Disaster Resilience Competition Highlights Connection Between Urban … Urban Land Institute HUD’s National Disaster Resilience Competition Highlights Connection Between Urban Development and Community Resilience, Says ULI.
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder Says no Time Frame can be Put on Flint Water Fix
‘It’s going to be based on tests and science and people believing, including outside experts, that it’s safe to drink. We would all hope sooner, rather than later; but it’s not based on time, it’s based on science, facts and caution.’
- A Year After Huge San Francisco Mission Fire, Small Businesses Fight to Recover. City representatives that the fire has changed the way it plans to respond to disasters in the future.
- Transforming Cyber and Infrastructure Security: An Interview with the DHS Cyber Chief
An exclusive interview with Dr. Phyllis Schneck, deputy undersecretary for Cybersecurity and Communications for the National Protection and Programs Directorate within DHS.
- FEMA Releases the National Planning System Description, Planning is fundamental for our national preparedness. We use planning to engage the whole community in the development of executable strategic, operational, and tactical approaches to meet defined objectives.
- What You Should do When Your Home or Office Starts Shaking in an Earthquake. In Alaska quake, some people ran outside of their homes, while others pressed themselves into doorways. Some people hurried down the stairs of hotels in their underwear.
- Tornado Serves as Stern Reminder for People to get off the Road, Seek Shelter. Remaining in a car during a tornado can be fatal. A Dec. 26 storm killed eight people on highways near Dallas.
- FEMA Seeks Comment on Potential Disaster Deductible Concept
The concept addresses recommendations to increase the disaster declaration threshold by instead buying down risk.
Share this Post
Latest posts by Bonnie Canal (see all)
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019